Thursday, December 3, 2009

And Kellogg invites..

I received a telephone interview request from Kellogg yesterday. I was apparently both excited and nervous. I called them up and scheduled it for next week. I was earlier apprehensive about the interview waiver. But this could be good chance to strengthen my candidacy to Kellogg. One takeway from the short conversation is that the AdComm who answered me was a very nice person. He explained the format of the interview (max 30 mins) and said that it would be a normal conversation and I dont need to worry about it much. My anxiety is lot lesser after those soothing words :)

However, I am not a good interviewee and it has been years since I actually attended an interview. And a telephonic interview is not the best way to start my b-school interviews. So, you could imagine my feeling now.

The only thing going through my mind right now are the lyrics from Eminem's Lose Yourself

Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
...
...
...
You better lose yourself in the music
The moment you own it you better never let it go, go, oh
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
Coz opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

I can't give excuses nor be negligent but give my very best shot at this. Wishing me luck :)



3 comments:

MBAsurgeon said...

Congrats man for that invite. It will be great to know your background and GMAT score.
All the best.

Dorothy said...

Best of luck on the interview! I think a phone interview invite is a really good sign! :) I do agree phone interview can be tricky though~ just stay calm and tell your story with confidence, after all, Kellogg's interview is not a grilling process and can be very conversational.

Proc said...

@MBASurgeon - GMAT doesnt make a difference. I've seen 750s getting rejected. Mine's 720. And I'm an entrepreneur


@DC - There's a flip-side too. I've seen more phnoe interviews getting dinged than being accepted :)
Just hoping for the best !