Friday, December 11, 2009

My Kellogg Interview

Yesterday evening (IST) or today morning (CST), I had my Kellogg interview with an AdCom. She called me just about at the scheduled time. After some small talk and confusion with pronouncing my name, we started with the interview. She explained about the format (blind, 30mins).

First, the discussion revolved aroung my entrepreneurial experience - the challenges, lessons, results etc. Then the interviewer asked the following questions:

Why MBA?
Why Kellogg?
What would you contribute to the Kellogg team culture?
Describe your leadership style
What would your friends describe you as?
How do you interact in a team?
What are your interests outside of work?
Is there anything else you would like to talk about?
Do you have any questions for me

Surprisingly, the interviewer did not ask me about my goals, so I fit them partially into Why Kellogg and Why MBA.

I cannot comment on whether the interview was awesome or really bad, but it seemed very casual and I just answered all the questions. It was OK. On the flip side, I talk a bit fast and as I said earlier, the phone interview wasnt the best way to start off.

And now, the waiting begins !

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

best of luck! I have a good feeling about your Kellogg decision! :)

Proc said...

Thanks DC !
I hope the AdComm has the same feeling about my app :)

Unknown said...

Hi Procrastinator,

Thanks for sharing your Kellogg interview experience. Would you be willing to post these details and the questions you were asked on the Clear Admit Wiki? If you're interested, please email the content to wiki@clearadmit.com.

Thanks and best of luck in the admissions process.

-Melanie

Melanie Preston
Clear Admit, LLC
wiki@clearadmit.com
www.clearadmit.com